Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Web Pages in a VB App

Status
Not open for further replies.

dhealy

Programmer
Mar 1, 2001
CH
Can anyone explain to me how I could integrate a web object into a VB app? I am quite new to VB programming, and I cannot find any straight-forward approach as yet..

Thanks for any help!
Dennis.

You could use CreateObject method for that. Anyway, could you elaborate on your problem, like which Web object you want to use...

If you are designing a VB based web application, WebClasses work very well, but as jbhatta said, give us some more info on what you are trying to do. - Jeff Marler
(please note, that the page is under construction)

I would like to display a WebCam image.. It has it's own IP address, so I'd like to link the object to it. CreateObject will work for this?

Dennis.

If this is your only requirement then you can place a Microsoft Internet control on your VB form and set its navigate property to the IP address of your image. You will get it.
Hope it works...

right click on the tool box and
add a new control
one the wizard comes up select internet controls
and a little world icon will show in the tool box
that is browser
webbrowser.go home
webbrowser.go back
webbrowser.go foreward
webbrowser1.navigate "http//
and so on!!

Does anyone know of any issues related to the use of the web browser control on systems with IE 4.0 or earlier. I am getting strange response from my application when I use the navigate command.

Also, what is the difference between using navigate2 and navigate.

Thanks for your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back