Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Web page was outdated error on Blackberry 7210

Status
Not open for further replies.

TACC

MIS
Feb 26, 2003
US
I'm using the mLife WAP browser on my 7210 and constantly get "Web page out of date. Please enter the URL again" when I click on More. I do enter the website again and get the same message when I hit more. Does anyone know how to fix this? TIA

I've had no success getting useful data from *any* website on my 7210 or 7280. I get the same error and various other problems. Sometimes the home page appears, but I've never managed to follow a link from there that's productive.

Anyone have a URL that actually works with a Blackberry?

Steve

Try this hack:

It's relatively easy. Try this:

1) Click on the Blackberry browser. Click in to pop up the menu and choose options.
2) You will see Browser Config. and General Properties type the following.."RBRO" and four more
options should popup.
3) Click on Browser Config again, scroll down to constrained content mode (most of the way down):
Click on WML Only and change to Unconstrained.
4) Back out - Saving the changes when prompted.
5) Click on Browser Config. one more time, and scroll down to Content Mode: and Click on WML Only
and change to 'WML and HTML'.
6)Back out - again saving changes.

I found it on another site. It worked for me. Be aware that this may incur data charges even if you have unlimited plan. Unlimited is limited to data via WML...not HTML. I'll have to see what it does to my bill.

Mine was already set to unlimited after I expanded the options.

Steve

Did you change the Content Mode to "WML AND HTML"? With both settings changed I can now browse normal websites with no problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back