Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Web Page Printing Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

yogi77

Programmer
Oct 12, 2001
GB
Hi,

I am trying to develop functionality in my intranet application that will allow the users to print various reports / material movements lists / pick lists etc from the server-side. I am having partial success, however I would like to supress the print option popup box, i.e. the 'What Printer..?' 'How many copies..?' stuff.

Anyone have any suggestions or previous experience that may assist?

TIA

There are none at this time that I know of. IE and Netscape are very sensitive to allowing web programmers do things on client computers without the visitor's explicit permission. This is one of those things.

ToddWW

yogi77,

If all your users are using IE, and they all have Excel on their machines, then try this for printing:

faq216-738

It does not supress the message, and in fact, it adds more steps, but the printouts are beautiful and perfect everytime. I use it everywhere on our Intranet, and even in a few of my web apps.

:)
paul
penny.gif
penny.gif

Thanks for your replies.

That article was particularly interesting and looks as if it would be very good, thanks for pointing it out to me. Unfortunately, not printing via OLE objects using Excel or Word was a pre-requestite for the project, so it sort of knocks that on the head.

Looks like they'll have to just live with the prompts.

TFYH

Yogi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back