Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Web page judder when mouse wheel turned

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bob2c

Technical User
Feb 23, 2005
GB
Hi, my web page judders and goes the oposite way when I use the mouse wheel to scroll. Can you help?

Laptop or desktop? Make/model?
Wired or wireless mouse? If wireless, have you tried replacement batteries? Make/model? Current scroll rate setting?
Device OS? Edition and version.
Judders on all web pages or just one? If just one, what's the URL?
When did behaviour start, what changed and what have you tried so far?

All in all, your query is unanswerable at present with the current paucity of information.

(I almost didn't bother replying. You need to help us in order for us to help you... we're not clairvoyant.)

Packard bell i media S 2984 desktop, wired mouse 3 lines scroll rate, Windows 8.1 64-bit upgraded to windows 10 by Manufacturer. Juddering on all web pages for the last two months approx.

As you rotate the wheel, can you feel each 'notch'?

Does the behaviour only happen on web pages or does it misbehave in other formats (text files, spreadsheets, docs, etc.)?

What happens if you change the scroll rate from the default 3 to 5?

Do you have another wired mouse to try as a substitute?

I guess it's a USB wired mouse. Have you tried a different USB port?

Can you remember any changes to OS/software installation/configuration made two months ago at the same time the behaviour started?

SORTED! I swopped to another USB port on the desktop and it seems to have cured the problem. Thanks all.

TOO GOOD TO LAST it has started again and moving between USB port does not last long??

Everything Rick998 said PLUS: boot to a USB with some flavor of Linux on it and use that for a few hours (yes, like being in the penalty box if you never use anything other than Windows). If the problem doesn't happen, it rules out hardware, operating system and drivers. So, bad mouse????? Interference???

I seems to work normally with Chrome instead of Edge??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back