Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Web Packaged piece Crashes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brewster2

Technical User
Jan 18, 2008
GB
Hi All

I have produced Authorware web packaged pieces using Authorware 7.02 and utilising MS Access databases with ODBC connectivity to store course screens information and handle storage and retrieval of user data. These pieces are uploaded to and accessed from our company wide intranet.

Everything runs fine in edit mode. However, when I web package the pieces and upload them to our remote server, many users are experiencing extremely slow loading, but much worse, the application often crashes with the following message:

Authorware Runtime has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

The crashing occurs randomly at any time during execution of the application - does anyone have suggestions on how I can improve the application and prevent the crashing.

Thanks in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back