Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Web LM Servers

Status
Not open for further replies.

jefflad

Programmer
Aug 5, 2006
GB
I've been asked to get the mac addressses of our Web LM servers... I wasn't aware we had any as in all the documentation we have there is no mention of them but I've been told we'd have them.

Is there any commands in ASA I can use to locate and identify them even if just to acknowledge they're there.

Thanks

Easier to use the System Management Interface to get that info.

Take a browser and point it at the same IP that you use to connect ASA to the CM. Then log in using the same credentials you use in ASA too.

Once there go to Administration/Licensing. Then select License Status. Viola'

I note now that you state the MAC addresses. You will need to do a address table lookup in your routers or switches for that afterwards. Or you could try surfing to the WebLM ip address my instructions above should have gotten you and maybe get lucky using your CM credentials to log into that.

WebLM was embedded on System Platform and it's 'server ID' was the physical mac address.
Nowadays, its a virtual NIC MAC address starting with a V. I suspect what you're really being asked for is 'the string that the license is applied to' which may or may not be a MAC address and you'd only get that by logging into WebLM and clicking 'server properties'

So when logging in the only licence file I can see comes under security... would that be the correct location?

From there I get licence serial number is xxxxx on carrier 01A... Before I ask further questions am I looking at the right info?

Thanks

Sounds like you are CM5 or below. What version are you running?

-CL

Prior to weblm, you would tie the license file to a serial number of an IPSI or gateway. The license was applied directly to CM.

-CL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back