Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Web like look for PB app

Status
Not open for further replies.

pbworld30

Programmer
Mar 22, 2007
US
but Hi, we are in process of designing application which may have web like look, only using powerbuilder. In other words, we are NOT using any web development tool, but develping new app with web like look. Let me give example: A main/first window will have 2-3 command buttons / picture buttons on the left (arranged vertically)and right side will have various options for users to go to the next window of the application. Now when user clicks one of the option to go to new window, left side (command buttn area) should remain unchanged but new window should appear covering right side of the window. I am not sure I articulated this correctly. But any suggestions will be appreciated.

Could you not create a base window, with your buttons on the left, and then inherit the actual user-windows from the base?

Thanks thekl0wn, Really appreciate your response. Your suggestion should work. I will try and get back.

Thanks again,

Thanks acartagenas, I will go through the article. It should be useful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back