Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Web Intelligence always starting.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

rrdw

Programmer
Jan 29, 2003
US
Hi ,

Can any body help me to solve the situation like,

Actually i installed BO Fullclient then created repository on sql server and then installed webi, everything installed fine and worked good.

But with some problem i deinstalled everything(BO Full client, Webi) from system and Regeditor and then i reinstalled BO Full client and created repository and then reinstalled Webi , everything installed fine, but the WIManager service is always showing Starting and unable to connect to repository with WEBI.

Need solution for Webintellignce always starting..

Thanks in advance for quick reply.

rrdw

First of all, where did you install F/C and Webi? (You should not install both them in the same computer)

Which error do you have?
If Webi starts but you get "cannot reach Repository" then look at your Bomain.key. Probably this file is not correct.

Instead, if WiManager service does not start, I'd say that webi installation is not ok (for instance osport is ok?). You should reinstall Webi only (not FC).

hope this helps
Francesco

Hi fzavat,

thanks for reply
I have installed both F/C and Webi on the same computer(Windows 2000 Server).

error is WiManager is Showing always starting..It never ends with started.
During this time i am able to open Login Page with But when i click Login ,then The Error occurs like Page can not be displayed.
I think there is no problem with Bomain.key, ihave taken the path for that is Business Objects/LocData ..

Ok I will reinstall webi and check again after your prompt reply

thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back