Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Web Ignite - Connection Lost (intermittent)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chicken0

Technical User
Mar 12, 2020
US
Our agents have started receiving this message daily a couple of weeks ago. No changes have been made for months.

Has anyone run into this issue? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

See image.
Ignite_f0ey2j.png

If you are using Chrome v88 or above? SO5959 details the issue.

Fixes as detailed in SO5959:

Roll back chrome to a version before v88
Use an alternative browser.

Update Windows to build 19042

Can you please share the link to that issue (SO5959)?

Would we need to do all of those steps?

Search for SO5959 on the Mitel knowledge base.

Any one of the options should stop it from happening. If you are using Chrome v88?

I did but it doesn't return any results. Yes we are on Chrome v89. Am I correct in assuming it's this site?

mitel_tazz05.png

Oh okay. Thanks for all the help techymitel!

Update: I upgraded 2 of my users to 20H2 and they're still having problems. Chrome is still v89...

Has anybody been successful just updating Windows?

There's another update to this. SO5999

As of version 88 of Chrome, more aggressive memory management processing within Chrome causes background browser tabs to suspend certain program 'timers'. When this occurs, the real-time SignalR connection between the Web Ignite Client and MiContact Center server is interrupted and the client loses connection, resulting in the end-user needing to reconnect to Web Ignite before it can be used again.

Resolution

Disable the throttling of background tasks (Google Chrome) / sleeping tabs (Edge)

Chrome:

In the address bar, type in chrome://flags and then press CTRL-F and search for the word throttle.
Set Throttle Javascript timers in background to disabled.
Close and re-launch Chrome, restart your Web Ignite session.

Edge:

In the address bar, type in edge://flags and then press CTRL-F and search for the word sleep.
Set Throttle Javascript timers in background to disabled.
Close and re-launch Edge, restart your Web Ignite session.

Additional Notes

Microsoft can also enforce background script timer throttling via a Group Policy. If changing these browser settings has no effect, work with the local system administrator and refer to this link for details on Microsoft enforcement:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back