Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Web Hosting

Status
Not open for further replies.

OKeddy

Technical User
Jul 13, 2001
GB
Hi all - I know this subject is off topic in here but I couldn't find an appropriate forum and I have seen this talked about in here before.
I wondered if anyone had any tips about what to look for in a web host or if they knew anything about "liquid web".I think I may be going with them.I have been offered a Free domain name and unlimited subdomains in fact the whole list is here,it's the professional account:
The unlimited subdomains was the thing I was after,I plan to sell them on along with designing the site for customers,if anyone can offer any help about pitfalls in this field I would appreciate it - O'Keddy

Liquid Web Is great I use them. They have a lot of great featurs like shopping carts chat systems and a really simple site management interface. The olny down fal is that they dont support ASP

Okeddy,

Beware Okeddy. If you are selling sub domains as a service and your free service goes belly up, what are your liabilities? How will you recover your web sites?

There may not be anything technically wrong with hosting subdomains, but I would seriously reconsider if you are going to resell them. You basically don't have any real control over operations and what if the domain changes. Will bookmarks still be accessible? Check out what your responsible for legally.

Good luck,
fengshui_1998

Thanks caseye & fengshui for your comments,I have taken into consideration the advice about the lack of control,but surely I would have the same problem selling domains if they were all hosted at the same place.
I suppose I would have to state this in the small print that sites would be relocated if necessary,I'm not sure how that would work with bookmarks,don't they do a dns look up each time,so once your new site had been established you would be up and away again.->O'Keddy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back