Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Web hosting site

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guest_imported

Jan 1, 1970
Hi All!
Does anyone know of any web hosting site (free perhaps) that has an oracle database?
thanks in advance

could help you, but I sincerely doubt you're going to find one w/ Oracle for free. Typically, you should plan to pay about $50/mo for such a service. Ballpark.
penny1.gif
penny1.gif

Free Oracle? Oh boy...Oracle is so Ungodly spendy! You can't even get MySql for free with a host...and MySql Is free!

sad, isn't?
I ran into a site called brinkster.com that has a webhosting service for free with absolutely NO annoying banners.
No banners at all!! Problem is it provides an access database.
I guess I will have to change database if I need to have my site up.
I am not ready for a $50 a month service that I am strickly using as a staging environment.

You're better off using a provider that offer's MySQL than one offering Access as porting back to Oracle will be much more straight forward...

You could try - prices start at £20GBP per year for 20Mb with full ASP,PHP and Access DB support, MySQL is an option at a base £20GBP for 20MB. storage

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back