Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

web form variables [$name]

Status
Not open for further replies.

hungerf5

IS-IT--Management
Sep 17, 2001
US
I'm editing a shopping cart package and there are variables in the web form that appear like [$some name]. What kind of variables are these?

Here are some examples:
Code:
        <ul>
            <li><a href="Default.aspx">[$Home]</a></li>
            <li><a href="Catalog.aspx">[$Products]</a></li>
            <li><a href="MyAccount.aspx">[$My Account]</a></li>
            <li><a href="ContactUs.aspx">[$Contact Us]</a></li>
            <li><a href="AboutUs.aspx">[$About Us]</a></li>
            <li><a href="Policy.aspx">[$Policy]</a></li>
            <li id="uxAffiliateMenu" runat="server"><a href="AffiliateMain.aspx">[$Affiliate]</a></li>
        </ul>
Code:
            <asp:LoginStatus ID="uxLoginStatus" runat="server" CssClass="LogOutText" LogoutText="[$LogOut]"
                LoginText="[$Login]" OnLoggedOut="uxLoginStatus_LoggedOut" />

--Rick

it might be nvelocity or spark, but I'm pretty sure neither html engine has a concept of webservercontrols (asp prefix and runat attribute).

what assemblies does the project reference? specifically, what 3rd party assemblies?

Jason Meckley
Programmer
Specialty Bakers, Inc.

faq855-7190

The cart pacakge that I am running is called VevoCart. It has multi language support built in and they use the token variables to manage the differences in translation. Now that I look at the admin pages they have a whole sysetem built to manage the token variables. I can add whatever tokens I want and supply alternate responses for each language. Really cool!

--Rick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back