Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Web Enabling of Forms

Status
Not open for further replies.

gieboy

Programmer
Feb 15, 2001
PH
I am new to Oracle Forms 6i. I am making a menu to call a form. How can i call do this? Shouil i still use the call_form or new_form function or the URL of the form when i deploy it to the Application Server?

I work for a largish company and we've ad an oracle "guru" come and tell us we have to use CALL_FORM as its the m2ost efficient. It does seem to work across the web in one of our apps, but we are having difficulties with another. I've got a book on Forms 6i and it recommends using OPEN_FORM ather than NEW_FORM as open_form leaves hte form open on the client and therefore is quicker to re-open. It also shares the sharable bits of hte form on the web server. NEW_FORM closes the current form and therefore is less memory hungry than OPEN_FORM but has startup time issues. If I remember correctly there is some good info on these different methods in the Help. hope this helps.

thanks nme, that was a very good suggestion.
hope you can share with me other tips and techniques on forms6i web development. again thank u very much

hello all,

I am very new to oracle forms6i.After installing all when i go to SQL *PLUS its asking for some login and password i tried all like scott and username and system etc like that.

Could any body tell me what will the actual password for this.

please quicker response is needed
thank u

Hello NME, i got another problem, hope you can share some tips with me. text_io is not working on the web. do you have any idea on this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back