Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

web download 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

beck

Programmer
Mar 22, 1999
US
I have a software program from Visual Basic that I would like to place the demo verson on the web and then have users download the software from the web and then install. I have created the web page with Microsoft Publisher. How can I store the files on the web and then set up for users to download the files to their computer for installation. Have tried the visual basic publisher but gives me an error code of Coo42116. Any suggestions would be greatfully appreciated. <p> <br><a href=mailto:accrec@intergrafix.net>accrec@intergrafix.net</a><br><a href= > </a><br>

You really need something like FrontPage or other WEB site editing program. It will make your life a lot easier for doing such things<br>
But you have to put the .EXE on your site and then have a link to that file.<br>
Are you having them fill out some kind of form before hand?So you know who they are.<br>
Again Front Page handles this very well.<br>
But to use Front Page your WEB site must have Front Page Extensions installed.<br>

DougP: I have front page and have looked at it and not sure how I would go about getting the three files to download for individual users. The file names are Setup.exe, Setup.lst and accident.cab. I have not thought about having people register to download but would be a good idea. Any help would be greatly appreciated. <p> <br><a href=mailto:accrec@intergrafix.net>accrec@intergrafix.net</a><br><a href= > </a><br>

Got kind of lost trying to Write my own Edit For Dollars.<br>
Is there a Down load available ... Thanks

Take a look at making a form<br>
I think there is a form wizard tailored to downloading a file.<br>
Yes you need some feedback.<br>
Otherwize it's like leaving your front door wide open on your business or home all night long.<br>
&quot;Here everybody come and get waht ever you want&quot;.<br>
<br>
They type in Name, E-mail, etc then click Submit<br>
Brings them to a second screen that has a link to the 3 files.<br>
Have a look at my site<br>
<A HREF=" TARGET="_new"><br>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back