Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Web Developer and Web Designer..Pl tell the difference

Status
Not open for further replies.

dat

Technical User
Oct 20, 2000
CA
Hi
I am just learning java.I know that using java we can develop web pages. So what is the difference bewteen web designer and web developer as I find lot of advertisements asking for Web Designer or Web Developer.
And what tools are used to develop a web page? .....Is it HTML, or something else.Pl tell your views.

Thanks
dat

Web Designer deals mostly with the look and feel, also a high level design on the site/system. mostly html,jsp
Web Developer works on the codding html, java, jsp, asp,
dbase acccess.

Hope this clears it up for you. Tony ... aka chgwhat
tony_b@technologist.com

When in doubt,,, Power out...

Thanks Tony but have one more question that after completing java course what all jobs we can apply for.Is it just Web Developer as you mentioned it uses java,database(JDBC),html etc.Pl clarify.

regards
dat

You could be a Java programmer too depending on what type of Java courses you are taking. You could be dealing with all sorts of things depending on the company you will be working in.

But most Java web apps would be built using J2EE. That means using JSP with JDBC to connect to Oracle Database(most of the time) etc. And depending on your company too, sometimes you will have to design the layout of the web app yourself. You will definately need some basic in HTML too because JSP is HTML plus Java. But I guess some parts of HTML will be covered in your course if you are taking a J2EE course.

Regards,
Leon If you need additional help, you can email to me at zaoliang@hotmail.com I don't guaranty that I will be able to solve your problems but I will try my best :)

Thanks LeonTang,Now things are clarified.

regards
dat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back