Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Web.Config Configuation Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

spidervenom

Programmer
Mar 8, 2003
US
I got this error message when I run the Time Tracker Starter Kit application that is availiable in

Configuration Error
Description: An error occurred during the processing of a configuration file required to service this request. Please review the specific error details below and modify your configuration file appropriately.

Parser Error Message: It is an error to use a section registered as allowDefinition='MachineToApplication' beyond application level. This error can be caused by a virtual directory not being configured as an application in IIS.

Source Error:

Line 36: <deny users="?" />
Line 37: </authorization>
Line 38: <authentication mode="Forms">
Line 39: <forms name=".ASPXAUTH" protection="All" timeout="60" loginUrl="desktopdefault.aspx" />
Line 40: </authentication>

Source File: D:\Techweb\HomePage\TimeTracker\TTWebVBSDK\web.config Line: 38

Can anyone tell me how to fix this problem? Thanks in advance!

Make sure that the folder that this site is in on the web server is set as a virtual directory is IIS. If it is not then right click on the folder in the IIS snap-in in the MMC and click properties. Click thye create application button.

James :)

James Culshaw
james@miniaturereview.co.uk

Thank you for your help first.

I have tried using the method that you mentioned, but I am still getting the same error. Is there any other ways to solve this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back