Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Web client access to scripting

Status
Not open for further replies.

kustom51

Vendor
Mar 8, 2011
US
Symposium 5.0
I have a user who is trying to get into scripting from the web client. He can logon to the web client just fine. He then goes to scripting link and then to the script manager. In the window on the right it asks to logon onto the server (looks similar to a remote desktop). If I enter the user name and password that we use to login to the symposium server I can get into scripting. I created a user and password on the symposium server for him but when I tried to use it to access script manager it won't allow me to login. I can go directly to the symposium server and use the new user name and password and I can login to the server just fine. Somewhere I am missing a step to allow this new user name access to script manager. What step or steps am I missing?
thanks

That version used a type of Terminal Services configuration, and it sounds like it is not configured quite correct. The account that does work - is that the sysadmin account?

I believe the TsInternetUser is the user for terminal services perhaps if you reset this password under users you can access the scripts then.

found out I had to add the user name to the desktop users account and I also reset the password. Thanks for your help

sorry I added it to the remote desktop users account

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back