Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Web Cam Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

bmpbmp1975

Technical User
Sep 8, 2003
CA
Hi all my GF is using a Creative Labs webcam on her IBM I series (2611-410). Everything was working fine on win 98SE but since we installed win 98 plain all she gets is a black screen with no picture. She has the minimun 32 megs of ram but still no picture. Yesterday she did a windows update for a security patch and right after she tested her cam, the picture appeared for 5 seconds then went black again. I checked the creative website and all they can say is to uninstall and reinstall, which was done about 30 times. I even did a regedit to clear the old entries.
Anyone got any ideas.

Thanks

Start in Safe mode, uninstall all web cam software in Add/Remove Programs, remove all listings for the web cam in Device Manager, restart, let Windows recognize the web cam, and reinstall its software.

If no luck, then is the web cam software compatible with Win 98?

The camera is comatible with 98 first edition it says so on the creative website.

Did you try the suggestion in my 1st post?

Also, if the cam is USB, then make sure USB is enabled in BIOS, check for any problems with USB in Device Manager, try a different USB port, and remove all other USB devices.

If that does not work, then try it on another computer.
If the same thing happens, then the cam may be bad.

I have tried all mentioned above including using it on another pc and everything seems fine

You might check and see if you still have the right video
drivers loaded,and or update them, also check for a direct x update. good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back