Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Web Based System Manager

Status
Not open for further replies.

waxwork

Programmer
Aug 9, 2004
FR
Hi,

i'm actually working on Wsmserver. I've seen this software used a port 9090 for connections, thus socket connections should connect through a range of port. We can modify it by typing wsmserver -portstart Port1 -portend Port2 but i can't apply these changes to the server. Can someone help me??

Thankx.

Change wsmserver 9090/tcp in the etc/services file
Stop and restart wsmserver using /etc/inetd stop wsmserver and /etc/inetd start wsmserver

Or take a look at webmin it's a lot better tool than Wsmserver and it multi-platform.

Mike

"A foolproof method for sculpting an elephant: first, get a huge block of marble, then you chip away everything that doesn't look like an elephant.

Okay, but can you monitor system by creating report with this tool???

Is it free?

Thankx.

In fact, i use WSM for monitoring and report and i don't want to change the listening port 9090 but the range of port used for socket connections. Do you know how can i do that??

Thankx

edit the file

/var/websm/config/user_settings/websm.cfg

see man wsm

and yes webmin it's free

Mike

"A foolproof method for sculpting an elephant: first, get a huge block of marble, then you chip away everything that doesn't look like an elephant.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back