Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Web based POS

Status
Not open for further replies.

minxca

Technical User
Apr 25, 2003
CA
Hi,

I'm using Aloha right now and looking for replacement. Anybody knows another POS for restaurant that run on WEB based or maybe terminal service?

We want to see the reservation, current sale online from anywhere and also put the order (dining, takeout and delivery) via web because we don't want depending on VPN between restaurants

Thanks,

Yes, but they host your site/data right?

I agree with jjr. Aloha enterprise is your best bet for service and reliability. You will end up investing more money trying to emplement a different product since Aloha is already in place. Did I understand that you don't want to have to depend on a VPN. How do you plan on having store to store communication? If all you need to see are sales you can PCanywhere over DSL quickly and view reports and reservations.

I want web based application. There is a web based POS but they host the data. I want to host my own data and every restaurants use IE to enter the order.

winoto, I may be able to help. I design intranet systems, web based applications and web sites. I am currently designing a custom web-based pos system for another client.

If you are interested in a customized solution, email me: cory.taylor(at)holinshed.com

These solutions can be hosted on your own network, free from monthly service charges, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back