Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Web Based PM Software

Status
Not open for further replies.
The best tool that I have found till date is ValleySpeak Project Server listed at The reason I like it is because I can use my existing Microsoft Project files with valleyspeak and dont have to spend huge amounts to money to buy Microsoft Project Server.

I'm really used to Gemini - several companies I've worked for used it, but I'm actually not sure if it's the best. It looks like there are some other solid online project management software solutions that appear to be worthy competitors to Gemini.

This is a very difficult question to answer. It depends if you are building a power plant or managing a marketing plan or other common business practice. Most people overkill with project management software. Look at the project complexities and based on that use either for complex projects or use <a href=" for simple project management software </a>.

Hi,

I know another Project Mnagement software : Rabbitsoft is the first enterprise collaboration platform delivered through a web OS. Rabbit connects people, information and applications with its social networking tools, easy content management and project functionality, so that everyone can work together, everywhere. it makes easier communication within a company and allow us to share documents with our colleagues, to share calendars, even to book a meeting room etc.

Do you know something better?

Endeavour Software Project Management is a rich web-based Open Source solution released under GPL v3 to manage the creation of large-scale enterprise systems that use an iterative and incremental development process

It provides support for Use Case development, Iterations, Project Plan management, Change Requests, Defect Tracking, Test Cases, Tasks, Document management, Actors, Project Glossary and Assignment Reports.

Its new release Alpha 2.0 introduces the following features:

-Support for Linux based Operating Systems
-Project Plan Gantt Chart
-Project Plan Gantt Report
-Reports for developer assignments by Artifact Type, Status and Priority
-Improved production for Use Cases
-Cross browser support (Firefox, IE, Chrome, Safari and Opera)

PORTABLE, ROBUST AND SCALABLE ENTERPRISE SERVER-SIDE APPLICATION.
Endeavour Software Project Management is being developed using the Java Platform Enterprise Edition (Java EE). It can be deployed in any Java EE compliant application server and any relational database management system.

WEB BASED RICH CLIENT CAPABILITIES.
Endeavour Software Project Management provides a graphical user interface with rich client capabilities leveraging the power of AJAX and providing cross-browser support.

OPEN SOURCE LICENSE.
Endeavour Software Project Management is an Open Source solution released under the GNU General Public License v3 You have complete flexibility and control of your implementation with absolutely no lock-ins.

The installation for evaluation purposes is extremely easy!, it's as simple as:

1. Download and unzip (everything required is provided in a single file)
2. Execute two scripts (one to start the database and other to start the application server)
3. Access the application through a web browser

Note:More information is provided at the README.txt file of the distribution

The project already comes preloaded with a sample application. If you wish to know more please visit any of the following links:

Project website

Download

Screenshoots

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back