Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Web App for IPO?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mjwilson12379

IS-IT--Management
Oct 5, 2003
Does anyone know of a way to trigger a call from a web app of some sort? JSP or ASP.net?

We would like our customers to be able to be on the web page, enter their #, and then click a 'Talk to me' button and have the IPO initiate a call from a users ext to the customer automatically.

Thoughts? Is this a feasable idea?

Avaya has discontinued the MultiMedia Module at present, however there are some other third party applications that do this actually better than the Avaya Application ever did. The only thing is that the costs could be prohibitive if you want a simple "click to talk" application.

Fonedoc[glasses]

ANy idea how costly? Or who I could check with?

FoneDoc:The feature you mention was never a part of MMM.

In concecpt this should be very easy the code simply needs to pull whats entered on the webpage and pass via JSP/ASP to the TAPI driver on the PC.

I will chase this up and let you know if I get anywhere.

R

ipo.gif

"Launching late 2006

Great! I have never worked with the tapi driver before, but I imagine it is nto that difficult to pickup on the basics. The JSP is a piece of cake.

Thanks for any help you can give!

MrIPO:

You are correct that it would not automatically make the station go off hook and initiate the call, however it would queue the call and present it to the agent to accept. I had this working in our test lab some time back.

Fonedoc[glasses]

We have this in Scandinavia as a part of a web application to IPO, using TAPI on the webserver and an ActiveX component in the browser to make/answer calls. :)

I have a click to call app I wrote for our company. we are in the middle of beta testing if you are would like to be part of it check us out at and request a conversation.I will call you and explain what we have its pretty cool and will work on windows or linux servers.

ND

The application we are using is a part of another licensed application we are selling and supporting so I don't think they would be happy if we take it out and distribute it, sorry :)

Thanks NickPhoneGuru. Submitted converstaion request. Looks like we are down the street from each other.

------------------
Michael Wilson
Dir. of I.T.
REMAX Allegiance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back