Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Web Address Bar... 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

ridge

Technical User
Jan 31, 2000
US
My web address bar keeps clearing itself. Once or twice a day, and then each time I Shut down, and start-up, all of my typed URL's are gone. I have not cleaned the history, and this happens without running any spyware, etc... There has to be something in the settings somewhere but I cannot find it anywhere.... Any ideas?

Do you have TweakUI installed? Is this Windows XP? We're talking about Internet Explorer, right?

Are you running SpyBot, Cleanslate, or Adaware?

Also, check Tools > Internet Options and see if it's set to clear history after X days.

Yes... Internet Explorer, XP Pro, and Tweak...
History is set to clear every 5 days, but I didn't think that particular history setting cleared the address bar anyway... MY computer at home is the same IE, XP Pro, and my address bar at home has never cleared...I can open a drop down menu of 20 addresses anytime...

The problem is TweakUI. It has a paranoia setting. Check it out, and if neccesary... reset it to "factory defaults".

I found it, and have changed the setting... It looks like that may take care of it... I will know for sure later today... And I thank you for your help...

my suggestion ....use firefox and netscape instead..your problem will gone....

Hi...

I recently began to have the same problem (address bar history cleared). I believe it began after I installed Adaware. Is there a way to adjust the setting to stop this from happening.

Thanks so much for any help with this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back