Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Weather Resistant Phone for CS1000? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

ktludwig

Vendor
Jan 4, 2007
US
Does anyone know if there is a Nortel makes a digital set that is weather resistant for use outdoors? I have a customer that would like to put a phone at the entrance of their building that could be used to dial internal extension for when the receptionist is not at the front desk.

Thanks for your help!

Doesn't need to be Nortel, there are multi Analog outdoor sets, google it. Then you can just build a 500 set.

Mato' Was'aka

Unfortunately the system does not have any analog station cards in it-only digital.

You can get an analogue card for like 100 bucks or less these days.

Mato' Was'aka

An option to consider is a weather resistant doorphone. Algo offer two analog doorphones including a trunk or station port solution. If desired, either doorphone can be configured to interface with an electronic latch to open a door from a telephone.

See links below for details:

Good to make contact with you again Gene. Drop me a line sometime when you have a chance.

Both Guardian and Code Blue sell weather resistant analog sets.

How about a simple Nortel door phone apparatus directed at a trunk port and send ringing notification to a page group...

Press the button at the door, send ring tone over paging system, anyone with access to a predetermined line in a pickup group with the door phone can answer. Done it several times on smaller systems.

I have a enclosure I purchased fron Anixter and just placed a trim line phone in it. But you could place any type of digital set you want.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back