Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

We have Exchange 5.5 doing all the

Status
Not open for further replies.

napoleao

IS-IT--Management
Feb 20, 2002
PT
We have Exchange 5.5 doing all the emails for the company. The problem i have is that now we have a new machine that all it has is a database that is used inside the company, that database needs to send emails using smtp. How can i make Exchange allow this machine to send emails freely using smtp?

does this machine use outlook mapi for sending.
does the data base have a place to put in the account
that you want to use?

need more info.

The program uses directly a smtp server, all it recognizes is TCP/IP and SMTP. All we need is the program to send emails directly to the internet.
thanks
We insert the settings in the database program and it does the rest

Routing tab. Reroute incoming mail. Routing restrictions button. Check hosts and clients with these ip addresses. Enter IP address of the other server, with mask of 255.255.255.255. Stop and start IMS.

I am not sure if i did all correct, but that did affect the normal email comming inside the company.
I only need to make this partcilar machine to use directly the smtp of Exchange

thanks

Direct the smtp server name on your database to the internal IP (or DNS alias if you have one) of your exchange server.

Chris.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back