Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

We have currently had to change the

Status
Not open for further replies.

jelley

Technical User
Nov 20, 2002
GB
We have currently had to change the password for the account that is used on our arcserve servers. Unfortunatley, this has meant a lot of changes need to be made, and has also meant that i am no longer recieving e-mail alerts from a large number of our servers. I have checked the user, changed the password and even checked microsoft outlook to ensure all is working correctly and have not been able to find the problem. when I check the alert activity log i find the error massage "FAILED TO SEND E-MAIL (1326)". And on one of the servers i recieve the error message "FAILED TO SEND E-MAIL (80040402)".

I do not understand what these codes at the end mean, and would like to know if there is somewhere that i can obtain a list of these codes what they mean and how they are fixed.

Thanks in Advance

Michael.

HI,

Have you changed the password of the ARCserve system account on the ARcserve server ADmin??

If not,thats worth a try...

cheers
speshalyst So it Shall be Written!
So it Shall be Done!!

I have changed this password and every other password i can think of in the arcserve group of programs.

Any other suggestions........ please

Michael.

HI,

Open the alert manager
click on the "service" menu
select set service account.

see if the passwordhas been updated here..

cheers
speshalyst So it Shall be Written!
So it Shall be Done!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back