Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

We have a Siemens Hicom Mod 80ex in

Status
Not open for further replies.

don1159

Programmer
Apr 30, 2009
US
We have a Siemens Hicom Mod 80ex integraded with Cisco Callmanager. We are slowly phasing out the Siemens. All calls route through Cisco. Last week we had a problem with the cisco gateway that interfaces with the Siemens T1 Ties. Siemens cards were not seeing the gateway. Cisco had us reset gateway. After reset everything came up and worked fine. However now it seems the analog devices like fax machines credit card swipes from the Siemens make a connection when dial out and routing through Cisco to pstn then the line drops. If I use a analog port from Cisco vg224 the line stays up and works with no problems. I'm thinking the problem is with Cisco gateway . I checked all configuration in Siemens and nothing htere has changed. Sorry this is long. Any advice would be appreciated.

check for crc errors on the PRI between the two systems. You should be able to do so from either side, but from the cisco gateway the command is show controllers T1.

Also check the router firmwar version. We had exactly the same configuration you had and we experianced ongoing issues with faxes coming through the Cisco 2921 routers. In out case we had T.38 fax relay on, but there was an issue (BUG) in the firmware. I do not remember the versions.

Seems that some of the later firmwares had issues with properly passing T.38.

Once the firmware was upgraded the problem went away. We spent a LOT of hours on the phones with TAC and our original installers. After several escalations one of the T.38 experts figured it out. FYI this was with CM 8 (though call manager had nothing to do with it).

Also FYI: One of the previous responces was to look at SLIP errors. With FAX is is especially important that your have a good solid PRI.

Network Administrator - Communications & Security Services
Merrillville Commuity School Corp.
276 East 68th Place
Merrillville, IN 46910

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back