Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Ways to Record Messages out of Callpilot

Status
Not open for further replies.

QofJennica

Technical User
Sep 30, 2004
US
Short of putting a microphone up to a handset while a voicemessage from Callpilot is playing, is there anyway to export a message and turn it into a .wav or .mp3 so that it can be burned to a CD?

I'm in a school district and they need to grab voicemails for evidence...

i've never done this, but i would probably go into the server and do a search for audio files, whether they be .wav or something else. once there, see if u can copy them to a folder or CD.
won't be easy, but it's a start.

desktop msg'ing does that for you. as well as sending voice mails and fax'es to your email.. you could find it on the drive.. but your not going to play that format except in the cp.. if it's a single voice mail that you need, build a cos and set delete read mail to 0.. it will stay forever... don't give out that class unless you want to buy hd space

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

What we use is not very high tech as far as method...

If someone needs an audio file of a voice mail message, we walk over to the worksation where an AuxBox by is connected and NHC/AO6 the user in while they log into their mailbox and play the message.

We open it in any audio editor and crop out the audio before and after the relavent parts and email or burn a CD for them.

We also use that when a user requests a recording of a conference call. Just add us on or tell us the number and the PIN for the call and we dial in and record.

Another method I have set up for on demand recording is to place your call over a specific trunk route we have Algo recorders connected to....then call us an ask us to send the call recording.

~

Thank you GHTROUT that's what I'm looking for!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back