Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Ways to distribute reports (CR10)

Status
Not open for further replies.

hermajesty

Technical User
Mar 22, 2004
GB
Can anyone tell me the different ways to distribute reports from CR10 for users to view over network/intranet/internet. I have tried CE10 but there is a problem with it. I have professional edition which I dont think includes VB/VB.NET add ons.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

The supported distribution options for CR10 are exporting the report to a different format and CE Express for the Pro version. Other than that, CE is the next option. The developer and advanced versions have the plug-ins for app dev and app integration.

What problems were you having with CE10 ?

Rod Oatis
Venturi Technology Partners
Crystal Decisions Certified
Trainer/Consultant/Developer
Rod_Oatis@hotmail.com

We were trying to install it to a webserver, that already has SQL server on it and another website called QL-e. I tried it on my machine which I converted to a webserver and it worked fine. Compared the settings for the two machines and they were the same, but the original installation still wouldn't work (web ages werent showing up). Think it was something to do with were it was looking for the webpages, as when it installed none of the Virtual DIrectories were created and these had to be set up manually.

Does the user account have the rights to create virtual directories on the web server ? What is the web server, by the way ?

Re: the pages not showing up. What was the message returned from the server. If it was a 'not suthorized' msg, then that is a security setting that can be changed on the server re: the anon user account.

I have put the product into production for several clients over the past few months, so I am quite familiar with it.

Can you provide some specs so that we can get this running for you ?

Thanks,

Rod Oatis
Venturi Technology Partners
Crystal Decisions Certified
Trainer/Consultant/Developer
Rod_Oatis@hotmail.com

No I dont think the user account has the rights to create virtual directories. I think the web server is IIS v5 on both setups.

Te message that appears is
"The page cannot be displayed.....
...HTTP 500 - Internal server error
Internet Explorer"

Initially I didnt touch the default accounts on either of the installations so I dont think it is an authorisation problem as the setup on my machine works fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back