Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Way to have W2K send event viewer messages to another pc or server

Status
Not open for further replies.

ei8ball

MIS
Jul 17, 2002
US
Basically what I want is a solution that would send any message that would normally be viewed in event viewer on one of my branch offices to a different server. So, if I have 8 branch offices, rather then having to connect to each one and look at all their messages, have it send event viewer messages directly to a different pc or server. Preferably using the messenger service so it pops up in your face when it happens....

Any ideas?

Thanks!!!!!!!!! You were born an original. Don't die a copy!

I have also posted a very similar question.
See - "Looking for centralise Event Log Monitoring" post.

There are certainly a number of solutions out there that can forward all events to a central database and then alert you based upon criteria that you set but some are very expensive and I am keen to get feedback on what users are using.

If you want to monitor for certain events, why not set up Alerts under Performance and Alerts in Computer Management.

You can monitor disk space, memory usages, logon failures etc. Alerts can be configured to send network messages or to run another program.

I assume you only want to be alerted to certain types of events in the event viewer and not all events.
Hope this helps.
Joe

Yeah, I knew you could use perf mon, but for right now I want any and all event monitor alerts sent. I just figured there might be some way to have the system send a message just like the printer notification and NAV sends.

Thanks,

Jason You were born an original. Don't die a copy!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back