Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

.Wax files and network drives

Status
Not open for further replies.

KLM123

Programmer
Nov 15, 2003
US
I have a simple script written that will launch ProComm and log the current user (based on log in to a VB application) into our server. The script is working great.

Now, I want to move that script to a network drive and execute it from there and I can't seem to do this. I tried compiling the .was file into a .wax and moving the .wax but kept getting an access denied error. Then, I tried saving the .was file to the network drive and compiling that version of it but I get a C524 error that it can't open the output file.

Can anyone here please help me figure out what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks!

Sounds like a permissions issue with your network.

You were correct!

I feel like a doofus now. :)

Turns out that windows considered the .wax file to be a media file (video or music) and we have restrictions on saving those types of files on our network drives. My network admin removed it for me for .wax files and my problem is solved.

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back