Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

wav problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

slopdog

MIS
Jan 9, 2007
US
I am having issues with wav files skipping and cutting off. It is pretty random, sometimes it works fine, sometimes not. On our night menu, which worked fine a one point, it would cut off at the same point every time. I took the wav file and opened with an editor, copied to a new file, seems to have fixed that problem (for now). But still having problems with some voice mail greetings randomly cutting off. Ex. "Thank you for calli...." cut off then IP office lady comes on. Please help !!!!

one more thing to add, the ip office lady comes on and says "To approve press #....."

Now the night menu is not working again. Worked fine 4 times in a row, now cutting off again. "Thank you for calling, our offices are currently clos..." [cut off] then pause for about 3 seconds and keeps repeating in circle "Thank you for calling, our offices are currently clos..." [cut off] some times it will repeat 4 or 5 times then start working all the way through, some times it repeats forever. HEEELLLLPPP!!!!!!

PS - all messages work fine when just playing wav files through PC

I have seen this with 2 different causes. I have had it where the PC it was running on was the cause. I replaced it and everything was fine. I have also seen it where some ones voice caused it. There was a pitch in the voice that made the IPO think a digit was dialed. Running antivirus on a live scan may cause it as well.

We can rule out anti-virus as it is not in use. If it is the computer, what would be the malfunction? I am leaning toward the voice pitch, as it is happening at the same time every time, but then again, if i turn off "allow voice prompt to be interrupted by tone" it still happens, if IPO thinks its a digit dialed, then it would ingnore anyway with this setting on, right?

If that is off then it should not heppen on the auto attendant. I do not think you can turn that off in the Maibox. Is it the same voice on the AA as well as the mailbox that is having the issue. The PC i had preblems with was a lower end Dell with WINXP Pro on it. Replaced it with better computer and moved all files over and never heard from customer about the issue again.

First thing I would do is re-record the greeting - this has cured similar problems many times...
Mike

reboot both IPO, and VMPRO. Start only the programs that are avaya applications, and required. Hit alt ctrl del, and see what programs are running, end task on anything out of the ordinary.

Check which applications start on reboot on the vmpro server. Run defrag, antivirus, general maint on the server.

Tr using a different LAN port on the IPO to connect the VMPRO to it. Check firewalls, etc.

Do not run any applications or services on the VMPRO server which are not required by avaya to be running. I have seen some media file players mess with the VMPRO if left running. Some people try to use the VMPRO as an mp3 player for MOH, do not reccomend doing that, I uninstall everything which I do not need by my judgement from the machine for applications to eliminate some of these possibilities.

The messages with the major problems, are the same voice, although other have complained about messages being cut off for others as well.

I guess I will try to rerecord for now. Was trying to avoid that because the person that did original recordings is no longer available, and I would have to redo them all.

Programs are running on HP Proliant ML110G2 2.8 GHZ, there are no other programs installed or running, computer dedicated to vmp and ipo.

Thanks for all of your help, will post results in a few days after trying re-recording messages.

make sure the lan card in the vm server doesn't have power-save enabled as well (the cause of many a vm problem!)

Old school Alchemy engineer - trying to keep up with the times [hourglass]

I have seen some voices trigger DTMF, it is rare but happens. Try turning off the check button on the menu to allow dtmf to interupt the prompt, if it goes away, it was probably this.

Hmmm power-save was enabled, Ill turn that off and give it a try before rerecording, thanks raffle

i tried allow dtmf both ways, same problem

do you have the vmpro computer plugged directly into the ipo? if so you need to change you speed of you pc nic card to half duplex. the ipo lan ports are only half duplex, your pc's are probably set to auto. changing it to half would probably help.

lan properties
where it says connect using "Broadcom 440x 10/100 Integrated Controller", right beside that there should be a configure button
click the advanced tab
then select speed and duplex from the list
change it to 100 Half.

i believe it is connected directly, will check it out, but nic is currently set to half duplex, thanks

I had a similar problem with an auto-attendant greeting once, I had greetings recorded by a voice talent I hired a few years back, when I started using VMPro I just converted the vox recordings to wav files (8k, 16bit) and used them.

I noticed almost immediatly that callers would sometimes get only part of the greeting and be immediatly transfered to the destination for digit "1". I assummed the system was detecting DTMF "1" in the voice so I tried various filters on the file but was never able to make that recording work consistantly.

In the end I just rerecorded the greetings and it works fine now (with my own voice).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back