Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Wav file is distorted after upload

Status
Not open for further replies.

FisherDean

IS-IT--Management
Mar 7, 2011
US
I have a wav file that I created using Audacity and uploaded to our BCM450 Callpilot CCR. The wav file sounds fine before but after I upload it and play it back it is very "staticy". The wav file is encoded as 8 bit and I also tried it at 16 bit.

I have uploaded other wav files before without any problems but never one that was created in Audacity so obviously there is something that Callpilot does not like about the wav file from Audacity.

Any ideas?

8 Bit.... but what about the rest????

Whats the sample rate?... mono or stereo?

The recording is in 8-bit PCM stereo. The bit rate is 705 kbps and the same rate is 44 kHz.

I have tried also tried 16 bit PCM. After the first two didn't work I didn't try 32-bit or 4-bit. I assumed they wouldn't work either.

Try 8Bit, MONO, and either 22K or 8K... That is what works for larger CP systems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back