Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Watermark in Word

Status
Not open for further replies.

danisem

MIS
Apr 11, 2002
US
I need help adding a watermark to word 2000 that will print on every page. I've followed the instructions found in several forums and articles, but it doesn't work. Here is what I have been doing. Pls tell me if I'm doing something wrong or if I could have some other technical problem.

Open Header/Footer
Click the Hide/Unhide text button on the header toolbar.
Click the word art icon on the drawing toolbar.
Select the clip art and click Insert.
Close the word art box.
Click the picture inserted in the header to select it.
Right click the picture and select Format Picture.
On the Picture tab, Image Control, Color select Watermark.
On the Layout tab, select Behind Text.
Click OK on the Format Picture box.

At this point, the picture disappears. I can still see the selection dots so I know it is still there but it won't print or show up in print preview.

Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Hi,

Here's a long shot --

Check to see if the Brightness is set to something like 85%. If it's 100%, you will not see anything. Skip,
metzgsk@voughtaircraft.com

Hi,

Here's a long shot --

Check to see if the Brightness in Format Picture/Picture/Image Control is set to something like 85%. If it's 100%, you will not see anything. Skip,

The settings are default - 85% brightness & 15% contrast. Is there anything else to check? [bigears]

Thanks

Funny, I can't make a WordArt picture a watermark as i can ClipArt.

Just for grins, can you make a ClipArt work? :-D Skip,

I'm sorry. My first posting was wrong.[blush] I mean't clip art icon on the drawing toolbar. I did try word art at one time during the hours I have been trying to do this, but it didn't work either. So I created my picture in Paint Shop Pro and then imported the .bmp file into the clip art gallery in word.

Try this:
Click view header / footer
put your cursor in the header and click insert text box
put your cursor in the text box and click insert picture
place yoour clipart in the text box and it should work

Did you check you picture settings? is the picture behind text? is the text wrapped around it? Did you try bringing the picture to foreground? --MiggyD

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember that amateurs built the Ark. Professionals built the Titanic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back