Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Watercolor fill?

Status
Not open for further replies.

funnydan

Technical User
Dec 22, 2011
US
I am a cartoonist, using Manga Studio and Painter. I've been using flat fill colors on cartoons, but I'd like to start using some watercolor wash. However, many of my cartoons are quite detailed, and I don't have the patience to "color inside the lines" of all those small areas. Is there a way in Painter either to do a watercolor wash fill, or to constrain watercolor brush strokes within the lines of a selected area? Or perhaps there's some other method that I haven't even considered? Thanks for any tips!

you can use the lasso tool,lasso selection.draw around the area you want to fill and the paint will be constrained inside that area...or draw around an object you want to protect,click on file ,invert selection and fill the area outside the lines..that's the easiest, but if you can learn to use layer masks, much better ,non destructive use...go watch these videos here,very informative, great teacher..they are about using selections in painter..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back