Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Watchguard

Status
Not open for further replies.

kwing112000

Vendor
Oct 5, 2004
US
I am trying to get H323 thru a watchguard. I get the call set up but no audio. I know that it has been posted before but the search is broken on the whole site. Can anyone help me.

i think i posted something in one of those threads. anyways, i had the same problem, it ended up that the watchguard needed to be upgraded (i think to version 8), so the IT guys upgraded and it worked like designed.

Hi kwing112000

Which Watchguard model and what version of OS is running on it?

I think it is a Firebox and it is running something like 8.x. We ended up getting it out of the picture and we are having the same issue. We are connecting over MPLS to a Cisco call manager in India and we can get the call to connect but we get no audio path. I am trying to access to the CM in india so that we can verify the setup. The guys over there really did not know the equipment that well.

Thanks guys for all your answers and help

I have 4621SW & 4620SW handsets working over a VPN tunnel with a PIX501 at the remote users end and a WatchGaurd Core 750E at the main office and the hansets are connecting to a 406 Unit. I did not have any issues with the WatchGaurd but on the PIX I have to turn of Fixup Protocols for H323.

On another site I have 4621 handsets connecting to a Soho 20E WatchGard and I did have issues there as you have to add a static address on the "Protected Net" option on the VPN settings on the Handset.

I am in the same kind of set up. The mpls goes thru the watchguard and then a PIX on the far end. We have done all the fixups on and off but nothing has helped. I think the Cm is not set up right. We are getting access to it in the Am so we can look at it ourselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back