Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Watchguard XTM 505 + AP200

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sleyer

IS-IT--Management
Oct 21, 2013
dear all,

I want to setup a wireless router (AP200) with Guest Ssid and staff ssid that prevents guests from accessing any of the other systems on the LAN. But there's a catch in that the wireless router will connected to Switch. With this setup, will it still be possible for the office folks to access their internal systems and for guest users to ONLY have access to the internet? AP200 is new product. already call dealer reseller watchguard for help me setup but they not sure about this .. also I haven't setup a router with Guest access before so I don't yet have a full understanding of how the router separates the traffic using VLAN. I would normally setup the router as an AP on the LAN, but that takes the WAN port out of the equation. Seems to me that this wouldn't work for the Guest account. Any ideas or good examples out there?

dz8h.jpg

sory for my bad english.

You need to create a new interface on the optional ports as a VLAN interface. You then connect your AP to this interface and create VLANs and route traffic based on the policies. You can then associate a VLAN with an SSID.

Make sense?

e.g

VLAN 1 = SSID - Office
VLAN 100 = SSID - Mobiles
VLAN 200 = SSID - Guest

then use your policies to allow or deny traffic to and from your network and WAN.

ACSS - SME
General Geek

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back