Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Watchguard VPN connection problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

jossyreal

ISP
Sep 25, 2002
US
Hi guys,
I have three office locations for my client setup for VPN using the watchguard Firebox SOHO 6. Also i have a new installed server (small Business Server 2003) installed last year December 2005.
Everything has been working fine with no problem remotely connecting to it from my location because i do most of the maintainenace remotely. For sometime now, i have been having to restart my Server (Small Busines Server 2003) at least once to twice a week which i find not good for the lifespan of the Server.
Atimes when i try connecting to the server located in the HQ or any of the other offices personnel try access the database or files on the server, they loose connection or are unable to connect to it. It is only after i call some personnel in the HQ to help me restart the server that everything becomes normal again for another 3 to 4 days.

I need help for possible troubleshooting where the problem could be arising from.
Anyone having any information or troubleshooting idea on where i should take a look for possible solution to this problem.
The Server is still new and it has not spent more than say 6 to 7 months in production and the VPN connection between the offices is done by the watchguard firewall. I don't reboot the firewall but just the server and i am able to connect using RDP from my laptop.

I need help and information guys.

thanks

joe
CCNA, MCSA, MCP

Have you found an answer to this problem? It seems the Firebox is plagued with wierd issues such as this. Personally, even though we have one too, I think the Fireboxes are crap... They are definitely the 'poor cousins' to Cisco. On top of being harder to configure than a PIX firewall, their technical support is lousy and has been offshored to India. Save yourself the headaches and buy a PIX.

Thanks. i have been able to find the solution to the problem. i hard to look for hotfix for the SBS 2003 server that have not been installed and since i installed the hotfix that corrects the store.exe problem on the server from taking up all the memory. i have not restarted the server for over one month.

Thanks

joe
CCNA, MCSA, MCP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back