Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Watchguard Firebox remote access

Status
Not open for further replies.

bondedlp

Technical User
May 19, 2011
US
Would like to access all or one of the following devices from the internet when not in the office. SBS 2008 server, camera system or the Firebox directly; can we access all of these with individual static IP addresses from our ISP?
Example:
123.123.123.111 > 10.0.0.1 for Firebox
123.123.123.112 > 10.0.0.2 for Server
123.123.123.113 > 10.0.0.3 for OWA for iPhones
123.123.123.114 > 10.0.0.4 for camera system

How would we do that? I think that I have to do this with the Firebox and maybe some where in the Windows server but not sure. Does 1-to-1 NAT and policy sound like we are on the correct path towards a solution?

Suggestions or links would be much appreciated!

TGIF from the Newbie

You don't say what model of Firebox you have but all of the more recent one offer the possibilty of SSL, PPTP and IPSec VPN connections.

You'll find the help installed with System Manager and Policy Manager are very helpful.

XTM23-W sound right for the model? Thank you very much for the tip about the help in System Manager, I am now working my way through to see if I can get this done now.

I have added the 1-to-1 NAT via the policy editor but cannot access the camera system. Have to find how to forward a couple of ports for this.

Thanks again Topkapi - TGIF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back