Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Watchguard FB 700 trusted port

Status
Not open for further replies.

c7rcs

IS-IT--Management
Sep 19, 2002
GB
The green light on the trusted port of my FB 700 is flashing does this mean that the port is bust ?

I have factory reset and re-loaded the configuration but it still flashes and I can't connect

Is it a steady flash, or is it a network traffic kind of blink?

The light should be solid. The amber/yellow light will blink when there is activity (for yomang). You may have a bad port, so call WatchGuard (sorry, couldn't resist).

There are sometimes issues with the auto-negotiation and certain vendor equipment. Try plugging the interface into a different switch/hub. If that is not an option, if you can manually configure the switch port the FB is connected to, that may do the trick. Start with 10Mbs at half duplex. You cannot alter the port settings on the FB.

You may check the trusted port status (to a minor degree) using the Firebox Monitor (if you can connect to the FB at all). Open the WG Control Center and select the Firebox Monitor icon, then click the Status Report tab. Trusted port is eth1.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back