Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Watchguard Edge E10's VPN Voip Fails

Status
Not open for further replies.

BURLYMAN

IS-IT--Management
Aug 19, 2002
US
I have a customer with (2) sites that have Verizon DSL Static IP on both sides. I have built an IPSEC VPN between both sites using WatchGuard Edge E10's. The VPN is solid and I can run all sorts of traffic over the VPN except Voice. It seems as though voice traffic fail with no reason that I or others can find. I have an IP phone in one site and an IP 406 in another (all running 3.1). The telephone in the remote site gets to the point that it will register with the IP Office system however once completed - nothing happens. I know that Watchguard is a DevConnect partner and Avaya recommends WatchGuard so I can't understand why I'm having so much trouble. Additionally - it is interesting that they are recommended since the original models recommended don't implement any type of QoS mechanisms!! Anyone have any ideas? Always seems that the phone can register but no additional traffic works.

There probably something wrong in the routing.
If you use Direct Media Path on your IP extension try turning that off.
You can also do a monitor trace on the H323 traffic to see what IP adresss it tries to reach.

Yes - it was determined that Watchguard had a problem with the IPSEC module within their programming. They had to send me a patch which resolved the issue.

We have a bunch of 10E's connected to X series or Core series firewalls.

Our issue is more with voice quality/echo. What patch did they send you?

i think i ran into the same problem one time. the firewalls needed to be upgraded.

They sent me "yakfw.sysa_dl" (roughly 13 MB) which included a patch for the "IPTABLES" component which was released on Thursday October 12 and is version 8.5 build 0000. They sent this to me in September of 2006.

They sent me a file called "yakfw.sysa_dl" which contains the patch. The upgrade is to the IPTABLES component and reads version 8.5 build 0000

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back