Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Watchguard and Webblocker Status

Status
Not open for further replies.

cultavix

IS-IT--Management
Jul 12, 2004
ES
Whats up everyone....

After reading up on Webblocker it seemed like a good idea to enable it. So I launched the Webblocker utlity that watchguard installs on which ever computer you choose to control the router and then I simply updated the database, got the status of INSTALLED and STOPPED. So, I started it up and then cheked the status just in case and I got INSTALLED AND STARTED. Then as a second check I opened up Firebox System Manager and looked at the very last tab which is "Blocked Sites" and in there....NOTHING. Is there anything supposed to be there? Do I need to make some kind of configuration to the Firebox?

Please help!!

Thanks.
-Jimmy

That tab usually is blank.

To enable Webblocker you need to go to the Proxied-http settings in the policy manager. Go to the "settings" button on the "properties" tab within "Proxied-htttp properties". You'll see a "webblocker controls" tab. Click on that and then select "activate webblocker" and add the ip address of the computer that you installed webblocker on. Save settings to the firebox and you're all set. Go to a known "blocked site" and make sure it's working.

Hope this helps

-Kevin

Thank you so much!

_Jimmy
Network Administrator
AIM: cultavix
MSN: jeaton@bhs-corrugated.com
YAHOO: cultavix[/b}

I dont see the "Proxied-http settings in the policy manager". When I load up the Policy Manager I get...."Setup" "Network" and then of course, all of the specified services. Can someone please point me in the right direction?

Thanks!

_Jimmy
Network Administrator
YAHOO: cultavix

THIS IS THE KIND OF FIREBOX I HAVE

Product Type: Firebox III/1000

_Jimmy
Network Administrator

BAH! I need a license for it ?

_Jimmy
Network Administrator

IN the past, you could get away without the license that I've seen. I upgraded a system from Firebox III to Firebox X 700 and I edited the main config file, pointed to the new webblocker server ip and it works, HOWEVER

I found that you CAN NOT run the web blocker service on a XP OR WIN server 2003 box. It will give you an error like you are submitting. Move it to a win2kpro or win2k server and you will be fine. Make sure you put the correct ip address of the box that is running web blocker in the web blocker setting in your http proxy setting.

Hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back