Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Warning: Latest Java update breaks Chronicall Wallboard

Status
Not open for further replies.

hairlessupportmonkey

IS-IT--Management
Aug 26, 2009
NZ
So, avoid installing it.

Our office one, and a customers trial site both broke when updating Java. Ive let Mark at Xima know.

ACSS - SME
General Geek

1832163.png

Thanks for this, wish I spotted this sooner :)

APSS
PASMI

Aastra Accredited Expert

What a piece of crap.
CCR is much better :)

BAZINGA!

I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!

get outta here peter.... grrrr ;-)

ACSS - SME
General Geek

1832163.png

HSM, are you hungry ?
You bite like Jaws :)

BAZINGA!

I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!

The Xima development team is aware of the problem and will have a fix ASAP. In the meantime you can downgrade to Java 1.6.24 and the problem will go away. I'll post here again once the Chronicall update is available.

Chris Patterson
Xima Software -

Hi Chris,

yeah, all sites sorted now with your suggestion.

ACSS - SME
General Geek

1832163.png

The problem has been fixed. You will need to download and run Chronicall Update 3.2(51) or later if you experience this problem. You can download the update here:
To recap, this problem was caused by some internal changes in the way Java stores serialized image objects. The problem shows up when you update to Java 6 Update 26 while running Chronicall 3.2(49) or earlier and have loaded custom images in the Realtime Statistics view. Chronicall 3.2(51) fixes the problem and can be loaded either before or after you update Java. You don't need to worry about this update if you are not using the Realtime module with a custom background or Image Widgets.

If you have any questions drop us a line at support@ximasoftware.com.

Chris Patterson
Xima Software -

cheers chris... ill update ours first and make sure it doesnt break ;-)

ACSS - SME
General Geek

1832163.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back