Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

WARNING: dlpiopen - unable to allocate SAP structure

Status
Not open for further replies.

spddmon

MIS
Feb 18, 2002
US
Hi.
I have a openserver 5.0.6 all setup and working, now I am getting this error repeatedly in the syslog and on the console:"WARNING: dlpiopen - unable to allocate SAP structure"
I searched cladera's knowledge base, and only 2 articles showed up, but both were about unixware, and the solution was to tune and increase the "NET0SAPMAXSAPS" value which is 32 by default. Does this apply to openserver, and if so, what parameter I need to edit? Thanks

What type of network card do you have ?

possibly the driver has added this structure to the kernel (or tried to).
take a look at the /etc/conf/cf.d/mtune file. does that parameter exist in there?

Hi. Thanks for the reply. I have a 3com 3c905cx-tx-m using SCO e3H 3c90x/3c980.
mtune does not have that parameter. I should say that this system has been up and running for over 6 months now with the same NIC. 2 weeks ago I installed a fax manager software called "faximum" which is a cool idea but tech support really is poor, who says has nothing to do with this error, and that their software does not modify any networking parameters, which I think is acurate because I didn't have to relink or reboot for that software to work. But I did have to install sendmail to forward emails locally to a smart host, but this was 2 weeks ago at least, and this error started 3 days ago.
Any thoughts?

Hi all

We have the same problem on a 507/MP1 box.
Also Digi driver is installed, release 3.0.3

Someone have hints about ?

Regards
Roberto

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back