Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Warning and Errors in our arcserve backup logs

Status
Not open for further replies.

jisler2

MIS
May 8, 2000
AU
Hi
We have ArcServe 6.61 installed in an NT 4.0 and Unicenter TNG integrated with Arcserve.
Arcserve backs up a console, and 2 servers accross network.
I require some help resolving errors being issued in our arcserve backup logs. The final outcome of backup is "Incomplete" due to these Warning and Error messages.

There are 3 errors in concern:
1) - W3404 Unable to open file :(FILE=C: \TNG\SERVICES\VAR\OBJSTORE\PROPTH.MMA, EC=SHARING VIOLATION)
There are pages of this error and mainly in this file system.

2) - E3406 Unable to read file.
3) - W3422 Unable to save the registry.

Anyone encountered any or all these errors and steps/suggestions to resolve them please. Thanks very much in advanced.

Jose Isler

1) - Do you have the Open Files Agent installed? It is a separate module, unfortunately. Also just a minute possibility: did these files once exist but are no longer there? The backup could still be looking for them... but look at the Open Files Agent first.
2) - Corrupted file? Maybe?
3) - Sorry; I've not encountered this one.

Good luck!

Hi,
You might want to check the times your backups are running at - if a user on your network has accessed the file and is still there when ARCserve tries to back it up you will get sharing violation errors.
If your unsure about your backups check the log(s) and check the tape to ensure there is a full backup there - this can be done using the wizards or from restore in the menu.

Hope this helps

We can not back up our files.
Message says:
Failed to get tape information from database [4]
Please help
I've called your 800 number for the last 45 min. and it is constantly busy
Thanks,
Joy at Miami Subs

Joy, this is a discussion list posted by ArcServe Users and Managers. This is not a site that is run by Computer Associates. If you'll post your error messages here, maybe someone can help you out. In the mean time, here's the direct number for Computer Associates' TechSupport team. I too have found the 800 # to be rather useless. Once you get someone on the phone, don't let them hang up with you until the problem is solved.

CAI Tech Support for ArcServe
(631) 342-5880

Monkeylizard
-Isaiah 35-

i have installed 'BAOF' - backup agent for open files. This has resolved all the errors ive documented above. CA site have a pdf manual documenting 'BAOF'.
Thanks for all those who replied.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back