Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Warning Alarms on unused TN2198 ports

Status
Not open for further replies.

marcsuttle

IS-IT--Management
Jun 26, 2007
US
Looking for ideas on how to clear a nuisance alarm problem. We have a TN2198 vintage 3 board used for video in a CM4 S8400 throwing constant warning alarms on all unused ports. We have identical arrangement in our two other CM4 S8710
systems but neither of those are alarming. Busy/Release of the unused ports clears alarms for several minutes then they reappear. List Conf All shows the ports as 't'. (for the unused ports on the S8710s one TN2198 shows 'u' and the other 't' so I don't believe it is tied to disabling tti, which we rely on heavily at all locations)

This is not the first time we've seen this happen. It was fixed previously somehow(?) but after a recent power reset the alarms started again.

try busying out the ports "busy port 01AxxYY", do that to each port, see if that stops it.

If you don't have MSP's, have your Business Partner or AVAYA do the busying for you.

Mitch

AVAYA Certified Expert

Mitch
Alarms remained but Service State changed from 'In' to 'Out'.

Additional clues - 'status bri-port' & 'test port' commands on ports in question yield same results as similar S8710 based TN2198 ports that are in 't' condition(per list conf all) and not alarming. Status bri-port indicates Layer 1 State: pending-activation(?) and Test port command shows error code 1392 for test 621. (tti related, I know)
However, same commands and another 2198 in a 2nd S8710 where ports show 'u' both come back with 'Port not assigned'.

Maybe the secret is somehow tied in with tti but I would need to disable tti ONLY for the TN2198. Still bothers me that the one S8710 with seemingly identical config isn't alarming.

We have a lot of ISDN phone and we have had this problem since we upgraded from cm1.0. We are on 4.0 and still have the problem. A long time ago I asked Denver about this problem and they said there was nothing they could do. Right now I have 150 warnings in my system. It would be nice to make them go away.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back