Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Warm transfer -vs- Cold transfer

Status
Not open for further replies.

josiecza

IS-IT--Management
Feb 3, 2006
US
I am being asked to try and differentiate between warm and cold transfers. Other than creating a VDN for agents to transfer using warm transfers and a different VDN for them to use when they cold transfer, i don't know of any other way to get a count on cold transfers and warm transfers. Any ideas, or am I missing something simple.

You could use work codes ... but it would have to be configured on the station and in CMS. The agents would have to be trained to hit the work code button while still on the call.

The way it would work is when an agent recieved a call that was a warm transfer they would hit the work code button assigned to warm transfers. And vice vs they would hit the button for cold transfers when they got a cold transfer. Then you could run reports on the work codes through CMS.

This is of course assuming you have CMS.

- Miguel

A very wise and well respected man once told me "Shut Up!".

Thanks for the suggestion simreal.

Am I correct in assuming that a warm transfer is one where the agent stays with the caller and the cold transfer is more of a blind transfer, ie <transfer button><destination><transfer button> and the call is gone?

If so, agent trace information shows the difference what I describe.

Thanks jfh9219. your assumption is correct, the problem is the boss wants to know how many calls were warm transferred -vs- how many cold transfered.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back