Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

warm reboot fails

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zelandakh

MIS
Mar 12, 1999
GB
There is a situation on one of my machines where a cold boot (from off) works fine, but a warm reboot (restart your machine) drops to command prompt after failing to find himem.sys.<br>
<br>
I know MS put a cure line into something like config.sys that involved above16 but cannot remember the details. Anyone clarify?

&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;If win98 start/run msconfig select advanced, change disable fast shutdown.<br><br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;If that dosent work, try bios tweeks.

I assume you're talking Win95?&nbsp;&nbsp;I remember doing emmexcludes in system.ini and x= exclusions on emm386 in config.sys (thousands of years ago....) but you're talking getting as far as trying to reload so I don't know if they would help or not. <p> Jeff<br><a href=mailto: masterracker@hotmail.com> masterracker@hotmail.com</a><br><a href= > </a><br> Of all the things I've lost in life, I miss my mind the most ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back