Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

wanting to insert bullets

Status
Not open for further replies.

kdrew00

Technical User
Jan 29, 2004
want to insert bullets, i can't get the pencil to just make a dot, and i don't know of a bullet function, please help...........Illustrator CS

Hi kdrew00,

I just draw a circle and fill it in with the desired color. Copy as needed.

rh14k
H osting
E ducational
L earning for
PC users

if its bulletted text, OPT 8 - will insert a text bullet.

Denice :)
Mac OSX, Running Classic for Quark 4.1. System G4.

I am also interested in making bulleted text. I tried the previous reply of holding down the alt and typing 0149, but every time that I do it I hold the alt and when I push the 0149 keys I don't get anything. Let me know if I am doing something wrong. Am I supposed to highlight the text or do something that I am not doing? Thanks for the help.

Make sure your caps lock is off...Hold Alt then type 0149 on the number pad. Then release Alt. ••• ®®® ©©©

© Alt+ 0169
® Alt+ 0174
• Alt+ 0149

Also if you are not already, Place the Type cursor on your artboard as if you are going to begin typing something before you use the alt+0149. It will not work unless.

You can also go to Start/Programs/Accessories/System Tools/Character Map to find the different "dingys" and copy-paste them from there. Similar to the Macintosh Keycaps utility.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back