Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Wanted to know where the Event N 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

fundooguy

Technical User
Apr 3, 2002
US
I have a Definity ECS 9.5 with EAS.
Wanted to know where the Event Notification adjunct parameter is defined which is shown in the VDN list??
Thanks !

In our Definity, this is automatically assigned to any VDN that is controlled by an ASAI adjunct link.
If a call comes in to a VDN and the vector then uses an ASAI link to connected to a CTI box, when that box tells the call to be rerouted, the VDN has the Event Notification Adjunct assigned to it.
I'm not sure how it does it, this is just an observation on our PABX.

Cheers

Hmmm... But if I make a vdn then it does not take the Event notif adjunct automatically, there are some vdns which have
adjunct assigned to them already. As far as I know asai link
is assigned in the vector which is explained in the Avaya g3r call centre manual. It doesnot say anything about the relationship between vdn and asai link !!

Event Notification identifies the CTI Link (V11+) or ASAI/ADJLK link that is currently monitoring the VDN. A LAN based application using the ASAI feature set has made a request to either monitor (get event notices) or has registered as a route server to provide route responses to Adjunct Route steps in Vectors. This is how intelligent routing is implemented and can use databases (mainframe, SQL, ORA etc) paired with ANI/DNIS etc to make routing decisons.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back